Choosing blinds for the kitchen is an important design decision that can have an impact on both the practicality of the space as well as the visual design. But what are the most effective options for your kitchen blinds?
What are the effective options for kitchen blinds?
The kitchen is described as the heart of the home, and whether yours is a large kitchen for family meals and entertaining, or a small practical space, choosing the right decor is important. The kitchen blinds are an important part of any interior design choice for the kitchen and there are a number of different and effective options to choose from. These include:
- Roller blinds
- Venetian blinds
Why are roller blinds great for kitchens?
Roller blinds can be an effective choice for any kitchen, bringing a range of practical advantages, including:
- Wipe clean- roller blinds are very easy to wipe clean and in a kitchen space where spills and splatters may occur, being able to simply wipe the blinds down as part of your cleaning routine can be very beneficial.
- Increased humidity resistance- some types of blinds are not very practical in the kitchen due to the high humidity and the amount of moisture in the environment. Roller blinds are not as affected by this so they can stay looking great for longer.
- Flame retardant- roller blinds can be flame retardant for added security and safety in the kitchen.
- Range of styles, colours and designs- roller blinds can be used to add a splash of colour or pattern to your kitchen space which can be very effective. Make sure you opt for styles that suit your interior design theme.
Why should you choose Venetian blinds for your kitchen?
Venetian blinds are another effective option for any kitchen space. Faux wood or aluminium Venetians are the most practical option as these are more resistant to the moisture and humidity, can be wiped clean easily and have a strong visual impact on any space.
When compared with roller blinds, Venetians do have the advantage of allowing more light control, with the blinds being angled to allow in more light, even when the blind is not rolled up.
What are the benefits of shutters for kitchen windows?
Shutters can be a striking and visually effective option for any kitchen. The advantages of these include:
- Hard wearing and resilient- in a kitchen environment it is important for your blinds to be durable and long lasting, and that’s what the various shutters can offer. Made from faux wood these can be cleaned and are extremely low maintenance, while also being incredibly hard wearing.
- Stylish design- to really make a feature from your kitchen window, shutters can be the perfect option. These are sure to attract attention and interest, and can complement both traditional and contemporary kitchen spaces. There are also a wide range of colours and styles to choose from, so you can choose the most effective option for your requirements.
Here at The Blinds Mart, we are Southport’s number one blinds company! From venetians to day and night rollers, we have the right blind product for every home, and every window. We value high quality customer service, so if you cant find what you’re looking for, or you need more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch today. Alternatively, why not take a look at what we have in stock?